Skip to Main Content

Complaints Procedure

Aquinas College wishes to ensure that any member of the college community i.e. employees of the college, parents of students, neighbours of the college, or in fact any member of the public, feels that they are treated in accordance with the values made explicit in the college’s Statement of Purpose, Values and Vision.

The College welcomes your comments and criticisms

Complaints tell us when you are not happy with a service and this gives us the opportunity to put things right.

Comments/suggestions provide ideas on how we can improve our services.

Therefore anyone who feels unhappy with the way they have been treated by any member of staff (teaching or support), student or other member of the college should be encouraged to make a complaint.

Complaints can be made formally or informally, verbally or in writing.

What steps should you take if you have a concern/complaint/comments/suggestions?

If you feel concerned and / or worried about something to do with the College, or would like to make a suggestion about how we can improve our service, the following information explains what you should do:

Informal Concern/Complaint

It is preferable, both for the person making the complaint and the one against the complaint is made, that the complaint is taken up at the time of the problem and resolved by the parties concerned, informally in the first instance.

Students – As explained in the Student Handbook and College Prospectus students are encouraged to approach any member of staff about any matter with which they are not happy. All staff are committed to the individual care and support of students.

If the concern/complaint is about aspects of their lesson/course they should raise the matter with their classroom teacher in the first instance. If the concern/complaint is about their classroom teacher they should raise the matter with their group tutor or senior tutor. Alternatively they may speak to any member of staff who may be able to raise the matter on their behalf.

For all students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, the college is happy for someone else to make a complaint on their behalf if they have asked them to do so. Such students requiring help with a complaint may be able to get advice from Skill: The National Bureau for Students with Disabilities (telephone 0800 328 5050).

Staff – if the concern/complaint is employment related, the College’s Grievance Procedure should be followed.

Formal Concern/Complaint

There will be occasions, however rare, when a formal procedure is required. Or, if the outcome of taking an informal approach is unsatisfactory or impractical the formal complaints procedure will apply. Formal complaints procedure PDF.

Formal complaints can be made by using the form on this page or alternatively in writing, setting out the nature of the concern/complaint, including the names of those against whom the complaint is being made, the time, date and place the incident took place and the name of any witnesses to the incident. (Please include a description of any action you took to resolve the complaint informally). Complaints in writing should be directed to the Principal, either by email to the Principal’s Secretary or by post addressed to the Principal, Aquinas College, Nangreave Road, Stockport SK2 6TH.

Do we need the form?

    Complaints Form - work in progress